Saturday, September 18, 2010

Muffin Man

What's better way to spend a lazy Sunday than having a fresh-baked durian muffin with a side of barley drink?


Let me tell you... anything.

There is a muffin man in the local mall, which I'd picked up a couple delicious banana and blueberry muffins from earlier this week. Today, while browsing the mall again, I decided to take him up on his deal of buy 5 get 1 free. An assortment of lovely choices... and a durian muffin for my freebie, just because I had to.


For those of you who don't know, the durian is an offensive fruit, which is both loved and feared openly in Asia.


Singaporeans even built a building in it's honour, right in the main harbour area!


Signs like these frequent the city.



The fruit's pungent odor can be detected from close to a block away, hence the city wide warnings. The smell itself isn't too offensive, until you've tasted the fruit. The smell is then a reminder of the feeling that ensues after consumption, similar to smelling orange juice after a long night of screw drivers.

We picked up the half dozen and headed back home for a snack. I decided to wash it down with this strange barley drink I'd noticed a week or so ago.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and I just don't have that much time, so have a look below to experience along with us.






Enough said.

To finish on a high note, this adorable puppy we saw in the pet store.

2 comments:

  1. Um. pungent odor? I don't understand this entry at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that might be the case...

    ReplyDelete