Sunday, May 16, 2010

ORU - Delicious!

Last night Teen and I met my Dad and Step-mom for dinner in Coal Harbour. We tried a new restaurant my Dad found on Yelp; ORU. It is a blend of many Asian styles and foods, and despite the steep price tag provided a great meal.

Teen and I decided to share about 6 appetizers instead of going for full entrees. We chose wonton soup, summer rolls, tuna tataki, sablefish, Korean BBQ shortrib and lamb chops. Each dish was around $10. The sablefish was by far the best fish I've ever had, and I was least stoked about ordering it. The lamb was also amazing. Really, the only let down was the wonton soup, which we could've had for 1/3 of the price and much tastier at Hons.

To finish off we had these delicious banana fritters, like a deep fried banana with a coconut batter. Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, dipped in a vanilla bean custard. NOMS!

The only thing that bugged me was that we were charged $8 for water... apparently it was some fancy mineral water or something, but boo.

Overall, a 4.5/5. I would very much recommend it for a special occasion, just drink water before you get there!

http://www.orucuisine.com/menus/dinner/

No comments:

Post a Comment