Monday, January 18, 2010

OMG I'm blogging again - Week 3 Animation Mentor

Soooo... I think I learned some things or something. Clear lines of action. That is what I learned. So this week my drawings were based first upon a nice line of action, all (hopefully) conveying the emotion "excitement!". That was my mission, that was my intention, it's up to you to decide if that was the result. I never learned much posing, and never did 2d so I'm definitely taking in a lot right now, but it's all for the better.

My mentor is awesome, his name is Aaron Hartline. You can check him out here: http://www.aaronhartline.blogspot.com/

He worked at Blue Sky for 8 years, working up to a Supervisor, and then moved over to Pixar to work on "Up" and now just finished on "Toy Story 3". He's been giving us good feedback.

Anyway, here are this week's poses. EXCITING!


Also this week, I need to animate a bouncing ball between 50 and 100 frames long. I also have to plan each assignment before I animate it. Here is my plan!


And here is the final product! There may be changes through the week, we upload all our assignments and then the other students can look and give feedback. By Sunday at noon we need to have our 'final' uploads for our mentor to look at. Then he reviews our stuff and gives us a video critique. Funz!

Bouncing Ball from Jenn Taylor on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. I know right! Next week... TWO balls bouncing. We move at a blistering pace.

    ReplyDelete