Thursday, May 28, 2009

Climbing and Europe and Math, Oh My!

I'll start with the boring stuff first. I applied to Langara College to take some courses until stupid UBC lets me apply in October. I think UBC and I got off on the wrong foot. I remain angered. So my best friend Langara has told me I can challenge my Math 11 so I can do Math 12 with them, yay! They only acknowledge math you have taken in the past three years, and it's been... oh, about 9 since I've done it. Here is one of the sample questions they gave me to prep for my test (June 19th).

Examine the graph. What is the equation of the line?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I sent it to Teen and she laughed at me. She's all "y = mx + b" and like "m is the slope, found by rise/run" and this other babble I tried to understand. I feel stupid.

So I'm gonna go to Europe! WOOT! I'm planning on leaving at the beginning of July and going for about 4-5 weeks. I'm trying to find a good deal right now. I'm gonna fly out with Shane and Meg and meet up with Sharon-y Pony in Italy. Our route is going to be driving from:

Rome - Venice - Munich - Amsterdam - Brussels - Paris - London

Pretty awesome-o eh? I think so.

And lastly, I've decided to try climbing again. I'm very afraid of heights, but I'm hoping to get over that. Ed and I are going to the climbing gym tonight and he's gonna help me learn to belay and do some climbs. My new friend Sara Jane climbs a lot, as does Pony, and Ed of course so I figure if I climb, I'll be cool too.

That about wraps it up!
*hugs*


2 comments:

  1. I used to be cool...back when I went climbing. I still have my climbing gear. Now I can't even get my ass to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you posted!...

    Whineos After Dark is likely to happen July 23rd... guess what you're gonna miss.

    and you should be back for first weekend in Aug... cuz that's when I want to do BBQ.

    ReplyDelete