Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Bucket List

There have been a myriad of lists floating around facebook recently, and one of them made me decide to make my 'bucket list'. My list of things I want to do/see/accomplish before I die. I found some lists on the internet, edited them and added some of my own. I'm sure this will be ever changing, and all though there are probably a hundred more things I'd like to do, I'll stick with this neatly compiled list for now. Let's all try shall we?

- Give my mom flowers and a card, and tell her I love her. (This may seem out of place for me, but I'd rather do it now than wait til it's too late.)
- Hike/Camp Garibaldi! This summer!
- Visit all the continents (except Antarctica... who cares about that one anyway ;))
- Attend at least one major sporting event. (Olympics/U.S. Open (Tennis) for example.)
- Swim with a dolphin.
- Go skinny-dipping again, as an adult.
- Learn how to take a compliment.
- Buy a round-the-world air ticket and a rucksack, and run away. (Or something to this affect).
- Send a message in a bottle. (Would this be considered littering?)
- Plant a tree.
- Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Munich.
- Shower in a waterfall.
- Drive across Canada/USA. (The path will probably be wobbly, but I gotta see Newfoundland!)
- Sleep under the stars.
- Spend a whole day reading a great novel.
- Forgive my parents.
- Buy my own place.
- Grow a garden.
- Spend three months getting in shape.
- Learn to use a microphone and give a speech in public.
- Kiss the Blarney Stone. (As long as it doesn't have herpes.)
- Go on a safari.
- Walk Inca trail to Machu Picchu, Peru.
- Walk Great Wall of China.
- Go bungee jumping.
- Hike grand canyon.
- Try cowboy ranching. (A weekend would do.)
- Ride a camel to the pyramids.
- Drive a dog sled. (Visiting Alaska or the Yukon will go hand in hand with this one!)
- Visit Vegas. (Gotta do it once, though I don't think I'll love it.)

I'll stick with that for now. Here I go!

2 comments:

  1. Bring some disinfectant then when you go to kiss the Blarney Stone then. I'm sure many a herpe-infected lip has touched that thing.

    You should drive a dog sled in Antarctica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear people piss and puke on that thing...

    ReplyDelete